Saturday, January 20, 2007

Must be a Weekend

It must be a weekend because I've trained twice and had time to post them separately LOL When I got home this afternoon after creating a DVD of the Tom Sawyer plays the 8th graders did I did some obedience in my living room. There is much more room at school and tomorrow I'll work there. We started with some bopping. I can't count the number of times she knocked the stanchion over and didn't care. She is now getting you bop then sit when I say to...don't keep bopping without a cue...won't get you a treat!!! We worked on getting sit and stand on cue better. She had a few really nice sits. We worked fronts with my leg not out so far and with her at really odd angles which she nailed. Then we worked the hold. AAAHHHHHH. But when I became really consistent (yeah go figure --you'd think I'd know that by now) and if she mouthed the dumbbell at all I took it away from her and then started over I got some really good grab down and bite it hard and hold it for 5-10 sec. The nice little furrowed forehead. Then we worked the about turn very slowly. She forged some and once when she got way out of position I stopped, looked at her, asked her where she was, very slowly took her collar and slowly guided her into place and then quietly praised. When we did it again she was dead on. Hope I did that correction correctly...it seemed to work. Then we held the metal article, a few quick stays, a kick back stand, and we were done.

Now onto my homework for my history course!

No comments: